General Service procedure
Maintenance is generally required every 6 months, however during adverse weather conditions, it may be necessary to increase the maintenance frequency as required. An indication that lubrication is required is when key operation or insertion into the cylinder has become stiffer or more difficult than usual. Always visually check that the key itself is not bent or damaged as a damaged key can cause premature wear to the cylinder, if you need you can order spare van lock keys.
Van Lock Cylinder Lubrication Procedure:
- Visually examine key to ensure problem is not due to a damaged key.
- Shake can of lubricant vigorously for several seconds to ensure contents are mixed.
- Insert the nozzle of the Van Lock Lubricant into the keyway and apply sufficient cleaner to penetrate the cylinder mechanism (approximate 1 second spray).
- Run the key in and out of the cylinder several times, if key is still difficult to insert, repeat cycle.
- After a couple of times you should notice that the key will run in and out of the cylinder more easily.